The North of Norway is worldwide known as one of the best places to enjoy spectacular views of the northern lights. The best season is winter, as it has most hours of darkness. However, in spring and autumn you can also see the northern lights, if the conditions are optimal.
Being located on an island, far from the light pollution of cities, Seiland is a perfect place to observe and photograph it.
We provide warm clothes for outdoor activities. The House offers traditional dinners by candlelight in an intimate atmosphere under the Aurora Borealis. They can also be seen from our sauna, jacuzzi and outdoor bath tub.
We can offer a variety of activities during winter season, according to availability:
- Experience meeting and tasting king crabs and get them in your pictures.
- Visit and feed our reindeer in fence while we tell you more about sami culture.
- Get in contact with polar dogs and poppies.
- Snowshoe around the beautiful Seiland forests and hills.
- Join to whale safaris in the fiords.
- Try ice fishing in the lake “Skarvevann”.